Monday, December 31, 2012

Re-Claim, Re-Envision and Re-Purpose

 
The countdown is on to 2013 and what better time to look back on 2012 and reflect on days past, but to also refocus to 2013 and days yet to have begun.
 
To say that this past year was a roller coaster ride would be an understatement.....I'd say it was more like every single ride at any big amusement park all in one! The ups and downs have been unbelievable, both in good and bad ways.
 
New babies have been born and we also lost wonderful people much too soon. The circle of life was very apparent this year....
 
 
New homes were built, new chapters of life began and the memories of homes once had will be with us forever!
 
 
 
 
Time spent with friends and family was cherished and thoroughly enjoyed! 2013 will hold much more of this...I guarantee it!
 
 
A weekend at the lake this summer....

Travel, work, more travel, more work....this year there will be much more travel (fun travel) and much less work...I promise to work to live, not live to work!
 
A trip to Thunder Bay this year....got to see first hand what our guys do day-in, day-out.
 
Lake Superior

 
 
Our world has also thrown some curveballs this year..some were hit out of the park in the most fun and exciting way, others, we completely struck out on! The Olympics were a perfect example of the world coming together, playing together and showcasing the best of the best! The human tragedies  and the absolutely crazy weather showed us the worst this world has to offer, but even through the worst, the best came out in people! ...I only hope that we can all take a step back, learn from what has occurred, try to treat eachother with more care and truly appreciate what we have!
 
 
My plan for 2013 goes back to my small business 'mantra'...
 
RE-CLAIM
RE-ENVISION
RE-PURPOSE
 
I will re-claim my life, refocus on me and taking care of myself, first and foremost. I will put on my "Oxygen Mask" and eat better, get back to the gym, take more time for activities I enjoy, get outside more......time to re-claim who I am!
 
Have more fun in 2013...and not only on weekends ;) !!

 
I will re-envision where I am heading in life. I am blessed to live a life that is holistically, a very happy and fulfilling way of being. That being said, there are areas I want to 're-jig', 'tweak' and revisit my vision. My small business, Rustic Retrievals, is one of them. I have a passion for home decor, styling and helping others create the home they have always wanted.....it's time to take it up a notch and really focus on this! I will also become a regulated health professional this year as a College of Kinesiologists has been established in the province of Ontario. This will open even more doors for my other passions....the human body, helping others and rehabilitation. Stay tuned!
 
 
 
 
I will re-purpose what I already have and keep reminding myself how very lucky I am to have what I have. This will be a year of 'less spending and more saving'. When I do spend, I will continue to focus on  supporting local shops and small businesses.
 I'm not only talking about material things....I will also continue to and constantly re-examine and re-visit relationships, my career, my goals and continually re-purpose, re-claim and re-envision all of these too!
 
 
2012 was quite a year....I look forward to what 2013 holds for me, my family and my friends!
THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!
 
 
 
 
Happy New Year from Charlie and I!!
 
 
RR
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...